Surprise ‘white-out’ contributes to multi-vehicle crash on Highway 85 | News
WELD COUNTY, Colo. — Highway 85 near Fort Lupton is now back open after being closed for most of the day when snowy weather caused accidents involving more than 25 vehicles.
Colorado State Patrol spokesperson Josh Lewis said the accidents were caused by blowing snow and icy conditions. There were at least three injuries.
Lewis said the chain of wrecks began before 12:30 p.m., with the largest accident involving six to eight vehicles.
Highway 85 was shut down between Fort Lupton and Brighton due to the clean up efforts. It reopened around 4 p.m.
Top Greeley Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 3-alarm fire rips through Fort Collins apartment complex
- Fort Collins police pursuing seven ‘persons of interest’ in party-turned-riot
- PHOTOS: Fort Collins police disperse partygoers with tear gas, rubber projectiles
- Fort Collins police look for man accused of exposing himself to 11-year-old girl
- Missing puppy reunited with owners
- Traffic stop turns into gun battle in Longmont, officer shoots suspect
- Longmont officer shoots, critically wounds AR15-wielding gunman
- Longmont man beats city’s first texting and driving ticket
- Shoveling sidewalks taken seriously in Longmont
- Fire officials: Space heater involved in fatal mobile home fire
- Suspect caught in Loveland kidnapping attempt
- Parents rally to support decision to discipline boy at Loveland school
- Southbound I-25 reopened at Hwy 34 after multiple accidents
- Loveland teacher accused of sex crimes against female student
- Colo. website tries to solve the mysteries of men for women everywhere