Surprise ‘white-out’ contributes to multi-vehicle crash on Highway 85 | News
WELD COUNTY, Colo. — Highway 85 near Fort Lupton is now back open after being closed for most of the day when snowy weather caused accidents involving more than 25 vehicles.
Colorado State Patrol spokesperson Josh Lewis said the accidents were caused by blowing snow and icy conditions. There were at least three injuries.
Lewis said the chain of wrecks began before 12:30 p.m., with the largest accident involving six to eight vehicles.
Highway 85 was shut down between Fort Lupton and Brighton due to the clean up efforts. It reopened around 4 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Greeley
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Second person of interest arrested in connection with shooting of officer
- Larimer County deputies investigating body found by ditch in Ft Collins
- Fire officials: Grass fire north of Fort Collins sparked by power line failure
- Ft. Collins police detective arrested on harassment, domestic violence charges
- CO Supreme Court censures Larimer judge over accusations of improper conduct
- Man who died in fiery Longmont crash remembered at vigil
- Police: Victims walk away with minor injuries after crash with semi
- Report: 2nd teen dies following weekend stabbing at Longmont party
- BCSO: Man shot by deputies drew handgun, but weapon jammed
- Longmont home explosion caused by hash oil extraction, police say
- Affidavit: Family of Cody Powell said he sent unusual texts before turning himself in
- Loveland police continue search for gunman who shot officer
- PHOTOS: Firefighters rescue horse from frozen pond near Loveland
- Man on Black Hawk charter bus accused of murdering another passenger
- Loveland postmark volunteers know a thing or two about love