Surprise ‘white-out’ contributes to multi-vehicle crash on Highway 85 | News
WELD COUNTY, Colo. — Highway 85 near Fort Lupton is now back open after being closed for most of the day when snowy weather caused accidents involving more than 25 vehicles.
Colorado State Patrol spokesperson Josh Lewis said the accidents were caused by blowing snow and icy conditions. There were at least three injuries.
Lewis said the chain of wrecks began before 12:30 p.m., with the largest accident involving six to eight vehicles.
Highway 85 was shut down between Fort Lupton and Brighton due to the clean up efforts. It reopened around 4 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Greeley
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Collins woman condition improving after crashing into school bus
- Wattenberg residents unable to drink water because of high Nitrates
- Armed ‘school marshals’ to patrol Larimer County elementary schools
- Firefighters get ready for wildfire season by setting fires
- Ft. Collins police investigate criminal mischief to parked cars
- Two arrested in big Longmont fire
- Large stack of railroad ties burns in Longmont; 2 in custody for questioning
- Police search for homeless suspect in stabbing at Longmont gas station
- Woman reported missing from Longmont found dead
- Police investigate who provided alcohol to teens after drunk girl hospitalized
- Loveland head shop owner, employee accused of selling synthetic pot
- Colorado runners ready to return to Boston Marathon
- Group in Loveland holds soup night to bring community together
- CSP identifies motorcyclists killed in Horsetooth Reservoir crash
- Teen whose heart stopped on HS baseball field returns to his team