'World's Strongest Man' from Fort Lupton, Colorado | News
FORT LUPTON, Colo. -- In the quiet town of Fort Lupton if you listen closely enough you may just tap into one of the strangest backyard activities outside of a college frat party.
“I just happen to have keg tosses in my parent’s backyard,” says 29-year-old Brian Shaw. At 6‘8” and weighing 425 pounds, he holds the title to the strongest man in the world.
“I’ve always kind of had the odd strength,” he says.
One day the high school athlete decided to enter a strongman competition on a whim, with almost no training. Shaw won the whole thing.
It was that moment when he got hooked. Within 8 month Shaw became a professional strongman.
After traveling the world testing his strength for the past few years, Shaw finally won the 2011 World's Strongest Man competition.
Upcoming Events near Greeley
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Wattenberg residents unable to drink water because of high Nitrates
- Armed ‘school marshals’ to patrol Larimer County elementary schools
- Firefighters get ready for wildfire season by setting fires
- Ft. Collins police investigate criminal mischief to parked cars
- Evans Police reopen death investigation after FOX31 finds new evidence
- Large stack of railroad ties burns in Longmont; 2 in custody for questioning
- Police search for homeless suspect in stabbing at Longmont gas station
- Woman reported missing from Longmont found dead
- Police investigate who provided alcohol to teens after drunk girl hospitalized
- Teen girl found in limo drunk, passed out at 14-year-old’s party
- Loveland head shop owner, employee accused of selling synthetic pot
- Colorado runners ready to return to Boston Marathon
- Group in Loveland holds soup night to bring community together
- CSP identifies motorcyclists killed in Horsetooth Reservoir crash
- Teen whose heart stopped on HS baseball field returns to his team