'World's Strongest Man' from Fort Lupton, Colorado | News
FORT LUPTON, Colo. -- In the quiet town of Fort Lupton if you listen closely enough you may just tap into one of the strangest backyard activities outside of a college frat party.
“I just happen to have keg tosses in my parent’s backyard,” says 29-year-old Brian Shaw. At 6‘8” and weighing 425 pounds, he holds the title to the strongest man in the world.
“I’ve always kind of had the odd strength,” he says.
One day the high school athlete decided to enter a strongman competition on a whim, with almost no training. Shaw won the whole thing.
It was that moment when he got hooked. Within 8 month Shaw became a professional strongman.
After traveling the world testing his strength for the past few years, Shaw finally won the 2011 World's Strongest Man competition.
Upcoming Events near Greeley
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Second person of interest arrested in connection with shooting of officer
- Larimer County deputies investigating body found by ditch in Ft Collins
- Fire officials: Grass fire north of Fort Collins sparked by power line failure
- Ft. Collins police detective arrested on harassment, domestic violence charges
- CO Supreme Court censures Larimer judge over accusations of improper conduct
- Longmont police looking for buttocks-grabbing cyclist
- Man who died in fiery Longmont crash remembered at vigil
- Police: Victims walk away with minor injuries after crash with semi
- Report: 2nd teen dies following weekend stabbing at Longmont party
- BCSO: Man shot by deputies drew handgun, but weapon jammed
- Police: Selfie could show Loveland burglary suspect
- High school baseball coaches save life of one of their players
- Affidavit: Family of Cody Powell said he sent unusual texts before turning himself in
- Loveland police continue search for gunman who shot officer
- PHOTOS: Firefighters rescue horse from frozen pond near Loveland